Yesterday the following was sent out via Hartefeld newsletter.
As I write this email, the storm total is at almost 2.5" inches of rain. Through the weather forecasting tools available to me, forecasts are showing the worst is still to come. Overnight tonight and ending in the AM tomorrow will be the worst of the storm. Tornado warnings are predicted to move north later this afternoon to cover our area. Earlier this week we received 1.25 inches of rain over Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, the crew and I put a full court press on the course to try to get as much grass cut as we could with the impending weather we are now receiving.
Tomorrow as the storm is finishing our plan beginning at 6:30am (if the weather permits) is to begin course cleanup. We will also complete cup changing, course setup and the arduous task of restoring bunkers. Yes, Hartefeld does drain exceptionally, but the ground is still saturated, there is a difference. With the ground as wet as it will be, we will only be able to mow limited areas tomorrow. We will be putting a long day in tomorrow and will resume mowing on Saturday. Saturday you will see more mowers than usually, as we typically don't like to do heavier maintenance on the weekends because of play.
The timing of this storm makes our normal weekend conditioning difficult, but we will be working hard to provide the best possible conditions.
The storm total was a hair under 6". Yesterday evening I toured the course and with the exception of some debris we were fairing well. Then we got dumped on. Arriving this morning in the dark and touring the course the bunkers were destroyed. We have major washouts. As I stated above, this a very long and arduous task. We have the entire crew working on this task today. Either late today but definitely tomorrow we will begin mowing the course.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad