Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Day!!

Well, I am glad you all have decided to join me. As I stated in the weekly update, this is something new I would like to try to help communicate the daily operation of the Hartefeld Golf Course Maintenance team. I will be doing my best to post something everyday, could be just a real short update on the course, some turf tips for you home lawn superintendents, or to discuss some of the challenges we faced that day. At the very least I will be posting 3 times per week.

To start, as I am typing, I am watching the incoming rain and hoping for a little. We put a spray down on the fairways today for control of the Poa annua and it could use some water. We also fertilized all the fairways to help promote the ryegrass.

Thats all for now. I hope all playing in the outing tomorrow enjoy the weather and the course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment