Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blog posting this summer

This summer is most certainly up there on my list of ones I would like to forget and for turf mangers, one that will be talked about for years to come. This summer we are seeing the heat from 2005 and the rain from 2009. One would think if we married our practices from 2005 and 2009 we would be just fine. Doesn't work like that!

The summer of 2010 has been stressful for everyone and has required everyone to stay on top of their game. One small issue or slip and your toast and with this heat you could literally be toast! With everything we have been facing and with some of the issues on the course, it is important for me to continue to communicate to YOU what is happening. However, remaining on top of things literally 24 hours a day has made it very difficult to continue updating the blog. The past few days I have taken some time to update a few of the issues we are facing on the course, but there are more and no doubt that list will get bigger as the weather continues.

What I would encourage all of you to do if you have a question regarding something specific, is to email me, Joe Mackley or Mike Fox. I have conversations with both of these gentlemen daily regarding the course, if they can't answer your question they will contact me. As I have said since day one, I have an open door policy. I am here to manage the course you belong to, if you have a question please contact me. I would be glad to either meet on the course to answer questions or by email.

Thank you all for your patience this summer, it has no doubt been a difficult one.

No comments:

Post a Comment