Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Go away Geese!!

Despite our best efforts thus far, the geese just don't want to leave! Someone needs to push for a change, these are not migratory! Last year when the geese issue became a problem, I went to my local nursery and asked for a solution. They pointed me to some reflective tap. Reflective tape? I thought no way would this work. I was wrong! Yesterday, I finally was able to return to the nursery to pick up some additional tape and we have surrounded our 6th hole (Picture below).

The reflection on the tape aggrevates the eyes of not only geese, but most birds. I found many berry growers utilize this tape as well to keep from losing their harvest. We will keep the reflective tape up until I feel our issue with the geese has gone for the season. I have placed most of the stakes with the tape inside the hazard incase a ball comes to rest near one.

We will also begin fertilizing the areas the geese have affected to begin the healing r

No comments:

Post a Comment