Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Storm Cleanup

Today definitely felt like a new page was turned. The sun was out when I went to work, it wasn't brutally cold and yes, I could see some grass. A few short hours into my day, hearing the sound of a chainsaw ripping through a storm damaged tree got me going a bit; sad what gets us Superintendents excited. I am sure many of you have been suffering from cabin fever and are excited to get back on the course. The five day forecast looks promising and we are very anxious to get moving.

I have called my early spring crew back beginning tomorrow and we have a looooooooonnnnnngggg list of things to get to. We to have been suffering from cabin fever and very much look forward to dirtying the equipment we have been working on all winter.

Today our tree company is in cleaning up several of the trees that suffered damage from the storms. I should be able to navigate the entire course either this afternoon or tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the course faired okay from a tree standpoint. I will post an update shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment